You are wanted. You are needed. You are appreciated!
There is a huge variety of tasks that need doing at an elementary school. There are classroom teachers who ask for volunteers to spend one on one time reading with a child in need of extra help. Those same teachers need help to copy homework pages or prep for an art project. We rely on volunteers to teach Art Literacy classes, help chaperone field trips and lend a hand at evening family events. There is something for everyone!
Even if you work full time or have younger children at home, there are ways to help your community at McKinley Elementary. Getting started is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Complete a background check from Beaverton School District website GO THERE.
2. Complete a volunteer registration form at the school or enter your information online Log-in HERE
3. Wait for your email confirmation! (this can take 2-4 weeks)
Once you're in our volunteer database (Helpcounter), you'll receive email invitations periodically to sign up for the opportunities that work best for you.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Event coordinator positions
- Production Team
- Volunteer at events and school functions
- Attend monthly general PTM meetings
- Join the board!